Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Plan

Wouldn't it be great to have Kenyans follow local soccer with as much passion as Europeans follow their soccer (or even as much as Kenyans follow european soccer)?

That is the plan. To build up a following for local soccer. It'll take time but we'll get there, I beleive. But how we do it, I have no idea. Do you?

I have noticed a lack of information on Kenyan soccer and have decided to provide the missing info. With information I hope to culture interest in local soccer ultimately leading to unconditional love for the local game.

I have almost zero resources at my disposal so, at least at the beginning, it'll be hard. For instance, there won't be as many pictures as I want there to be but I guess its a start.
My friends and I have formed a local soccer association and we aim to attend at least one game every weekend, make noise, take pictures, have fun and then tell you all about it in hopes of interesting you to join us.

It is a good plan? I don't know. What do you think?

Lastly, I ask one thing of you: support this blog by reading it, at least occasionally. We all want to further develop our soccer, don't we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that we should do all possible to get our people interested in Kenyan soccer.They can support our soccer and still follow European soccer. Thats what being a patriot is all about! Go ahead and do what you are doing and when you need support like resources we will chip in.

Steve J

Valedon said...

thans

Anonymous said...

Dear moderator,

My name is Ruud Elmendorp and I am a Dutch video journalist. Currently I am in Nairobi and looking for somebody who knows Johan Cruijff from the days he was still playing. It's needed for a show in The Netherlands to be broadcasted on Cruijff's 60th birth day, the 25th.

Let me know asap,

Kind regards,

Ruud Elmendorp
+254 736 746 312
info@videoreporter.nl
http://www.videoreporter.nl