Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First Post

To put it simply, this blog is about the beautiful game. The game of soccer, the only game to ever be described as a religion.

I recently tried to find the Kenya premier league fixtures and was shocked at just how difficult it was. I still have not found the league standings table.

Kenyans do love soccer, right? Then why don’t we love our own soccer? I already know what you’re going to say (corruption, mismanaged, low quality football), yeah I’ve heard it all before, and I’ve even said it. BUT, as fans don’t we have responsibility to love the game regardless of what happens? I mean, that’s what soccer is all about; you win, sometimes you lose, you even get relegated, anything can happen in football but the passion of soccer fans lives on, it must. So that when your team gets out of the doldrums, success is that much sweeter because ma-fans wanajua wametoka mbali.

Soccer already has a passionate following in Kenya- you should only see the scramble for seats at pubs that offer DSTV on weekend afternoons, or even for Harambee Stars’ match tickets. But we need more passion.

That’s what this blog is about: the further development of Kenyan Soccer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't call it soccer!!! use football instead!!! While you have doen a good job, you have spoiled everything by use of that term. Do some reseach and find out why.

Valedon said...

whoa
thats really harsh
but thanks anyway, criticism is good...I'll try and not call it soccer.
Still I beleive the beautifull game reamins beautiful no matter whatcha call it. ama?

home to find it said...

Kudos man,

I was thinking alont the same lines just he other day. I wa slooking at this tanzanian podcat blog and they had really passionate commentary on an upcoming match fixture with people writing in to taunt the opposing team and i thougth why cant we do that for Kenya. It would be nice if you could get some picutres up to for those of us not in the country to atleast get a glimps.

Valedon said...

thanx 4 the compliments guys.
I really appreciate them,they help me get reasons to go on doing this. Thank you.
@ home to find it I'm really trying to find pics for you guys but I'm financially constrained o find a digital cam and using an analogue cam is somewhat cumbersome. Hold on for just a while longer, picha zinakam.