Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tusker Held

We made our way to Kasarani for the weekend's game featuring tusker Vs Mathare United.
Contrary to our expectations of a really, really hot match( tusker were top of the league) the match turned to be an uninspired 0-0 draw whcih saw Tusker lose pole position in the league and reliquish it to the impressive Thika Utd.

In other news, there seems to be a cartel of sorts controlling the entry-fee collection in our premier league matches( or at least in Mathare united games). I noticed this because as I was approaching the stadium entrance, a friendly guy pointed out to me that the game was free, and he did enter free. I, on the other hand, had to pay sh100 despite my protests. Maybe it was because I had females with me. Moreover, my friends Nicho and Ndonga confirmed to me that they paid only sh50. What's going on? And you won't belweive this: the tickets issued to us were those of Mathare's 2002 champions league match. Can anyone elaborate further?

Some good news: our fan base increased to 10 people! Njeri and Alice didn't show up but others did, including Sara, Roy, Ndonga, Nicho, Linda and me. I do realise that you do not know these people so there's no piont in me writing their names. However, I want to evoke some emotion from them when(if?) they read this so that i get them to come back. Cool trick, ama?

Anyway, why didn't you come? No excuses!

No comments: